Written by Fly Corporate Tuesday, 03 July 2012 01:00
"This is an important milestone for the 525 Relentless programme as we transition from the preliminary design phase into detailed design," said Larry Thimmesch, Bell Helicopter’s vice president of Commercial Programmes. "Collaborating with these critical suppliers on our customer solution is testament to just how far the Relentless programme has come in a few short months since it was unveiled at HeliExpo in Dallas, Texas this February. The new Bell 525 Relentless is a culmination of our research and development efforts, in collaboration with continual inputs from our Customer Advisory Panel, comprised of large operators from around the globe in every segment of the business."
Bell Helicopter has established agreements for equipment, parts and tooling with the following suppliers for the 525 Relentless programme:
- GKN Aerospace – Airframe Structure (Complex Machining & Composites)
- Goodrich – Ice Protection System
- Israel Aerospace Industries Ltd. – Passenger Seating
- Mecaer Aviation Group – Wheeled Landing Gear
- Kuka – Major Structure Tooling
- Pacifica Engineering – Rotor & Drive Tooling
- Triumph Group – Airframe Structure (Complex Machining & Composites)
The programme team is focused on the detail part design, the design to manufacturing transition, and component and system testing. Suppliers are now collaborating on the design and delivery of their respective components to support the first prototype build.